December 10, 2013

we like bands like these ...

I always found it strange that they were a Christian band . . . although the songs were about love for Jesus, the kids were showing no mercy jumping around like no other.

They had a kid who knew the song on guitar come up on stage and play it with them.

The entire band froze mid song on stage for over a minute, making it look like time had stopped for them.

. . . they believed they were Led Zeppelin.

. . . the way she sounds on a CD and the way she sounded live was entirely different.

. . .the lead singer of the band came off stage and into the crowd and started hugging everybody.

He was an older gentleman with little white hair and bushy eyebrows. He had a twinkle in his eyes and everyone just loved him.

I was so proud of my friends for not backing out of the show because they were not sure if the crowd would like them.

I have been telling all my friends about this band. For once, I was the one to tell them about a band they never heard of.

. . . the five foot tall Scooby Doo stuffed animal. . . he really is the sixth member of the band.

What I fell in love with was their use of cello. It threw me off because it's not a common instrument for a band like this one to use. . . my friend and I realized half way through the band's set that we had been staring at her play the entire time. . . we looked around and everyone else was doing exactly the same thing. . . she was so interesting and really makes the band what it is.

With this band it totally changed the surroundings. . . peaceful break from what I was used to- the loud rowdy music.

-a collection from student reviews over the years